Enjoy a delicious, nutritious dinner in no time. Leftovers are great for lunch meal prep.
- 1 ¼ – 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into large, bite-size chunks
Basil Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped*
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
* 3 tsp dried basil can be substituted
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 summer squash, halved lengthwise, cut into half-moons
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- ½ cup matchstick carrots, cut in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 – 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil*
* 1 – 2 Tbsp dried basil can be substituted
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
- Place chicken into zip-lock plastic food storage bag or glass container. Pour about 1/3 of the vinaigrette over the chicken; toss chicken to coat. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator while preparing the vegetables.
- Place all vegetables, except the tomatoes, into large bowl.
- Pour remaining vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables to a 12” X 17” sheet pan. Using tongs, place the marinated chicken onto the same sheet pan, moving the vegetables around as needed to make space. Discard remaining vinaigrette.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables for 10 min. Add the tomatoes. Continue baking 5 – 10 min. or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven. Top chicken and vegetables with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
- Delicious served with warm, crusty French bread. For a more substantial meal, consider serving over warm pasta or grain of choice.
- For lunch meal prep, allow leftovers to cool. Divide chicken and vegetables, along with pasta or grain if desired, into individual containers. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Feel free to experiment with various vegetables. Chopped asparagus, mushrooms, and sliced zucchini would work well. Be sure to cut into uniform pieces to allow even cooking.