Makes approximately 12 cups, 8 servings.
Take advantage of the season’s bounty in this colorful, delicious taste-of-summer salad.
• 2 lbs. asparagus, trimmed, cut on the diagonal into 2″ pieces
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 3 ears corn (raw, boiled or charred on grill), kernels removed
• 2 cups (1 pint) grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
• 1 seedless cucumber, sliced, slices quartered
• 1 summer squash, sliced, slices quartered
• ¼ cup sliced green onion
• ½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• ½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
• ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 3-5 min. or until crisp tender. Remove from pan; set aside to cool.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with lid. Shake well to combine.
- In large serving bowl, combine all vegetables. Just before serving, toss with dressing and top/stir in desired cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Vinaigrette can be made ahead. Store refrigerated. Allow vinaigrette to sit at room temperature a bit and give another good shake before adding to vegetables.