An equally delicious and refreshing cousin of the margarita – – this cocktail combines freshly squeezed grapefruit and lime juices with tequila, topped with a bit of fizz!
- 2 cups tequila, or to taste
- 2 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (about 2 grapefruits)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- Sparkling grapefruit juice, sparkling grapefruit water, grapefruit soda (e.g. Fresca or Squirt)
Optional garnishes: kosher salt for rim, grapefruit and/or lime slices or wedges
- In a small pourable cooler or container, stir together the tequila, grapefruit and lime juices. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- To serve, if desired, salt the rim of cocktail glass by rubbing the glass edge with grapefruit wedge and dipping it into small plate of salt.
- Fill glasses with desired amount of ice. Add about ⅔ cup of chilled tequila mixture. Top with about ¼ cup sparkling grapefruit juice (or sparkling water or grapefruit soda).
- Garnish with grapefruit and/or lime slices or wedges.