Be forewarned, this spicy, sweet snack mix with just enough heat will keep you coming back for more!
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup Cheez-It baked snack crackers
- 1 cup (net wt. 5 oz.) dried cherries
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ cup hot sauce (e.g. Frank’s Original Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- In large bowl, combine Corn Chex, Golden Grahams, pretzels, nuts, Honey Nut Chex, Cheez-It crackers and cherries.
- In 2-cup glass measure, stir together the butter, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Slowly pour the hot sauce mixture over the cereal mixture. Toss well to evenly coat.
- Transfer cereal mixture into a large sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 min.
- Remove from oven. Spread snack mix on paper towels to cool (about 15 min.).
- Store in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 to 4 months.
- Consider adding M&Ms (as desired) if not consuming in the hot sun.
- How to make Cup-Cuterie: Buffalo Snack Mix makes a great base in Cup-Cuterie. Put about ½ cup snack mix in the bottom of 16 oz. clear plastic cup. Skewer assorted Italian cold cuts (e.g. salami, prosciutto, soppressata), cheese cubes, Mozzarella balls, pickles, olives, grape tomatoes, etc. onto 6” bamboo skewers, leaving space on one end for handling. Tuck into snack mix along with bread sticks or large cracker. Fill remaining gaps with fruit (grapes, strawberries, orange wedges etc).