About 8 servings.
Try this easy, stove-top method for delicious, cheesy garlic bread.
- 1 (18″ – 20″) baguette
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ – ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Slice baguette into 1″ slices (about 16 slices).
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Lightly spread butter mixture on one side of bread. Place each slice, butter side down, into a 12″ skillet.
- Lightly spread butter mixture onto top side of each bread slice.
- Turn heat to medium.
- Cook, watching closely, until first side is lightly toasted (2-3 min.).
- Using tongs, turn bread slices over. Reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle each slice with Mozzarella cheese. Cover skillet with lid. Continue cooking, watching closely, until cheese is melted and underside toasted (about 1 min.).
- Serve immediately.